Monday, October 4, 2010

Moist Pumpkin Muffins



Moist moist moist. These are the most moist muffins I have ever made.  I started making banana bread and after I realized that I did not have enough bananas, ( I misread the recipe)  I got the idea to add some roasted pumpkin from the night before.
I had raw pumpkin, roasted with olive oil and Tonys as a side dish for dinner the other night. Delicious on its on- I had used some of it in my pasta salad, but still had leftovers.  When I added it to the banana bread dough, ,without bananas....it turned out awesome. I am so thrilled.  I am playing around a bit to give it more of a spice flavor, but as is, it was delicious.  Once I get the recipe perfect, I will share.

Think outside the box....you do not always have to use recipes as intended.  Mix it up for the season.  In the summer, this could easily be done with Strawberries or blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. yum. it's that time of year for me to break out the pumpkin bread that i make...remember for your party?
    http://astheworldturnas.blogspot.com/2009/10/good-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails