Sunday, October 31, 2010

Easy Last Second Halloween Cupcakes

Photo from Oh My Sugar High
I googled Halloween Cupcakes and found a lot to choose from, but being in HK limits me to a lot of the fabulous candy used in the recipes I found. One that I could make with minimum effort was the dirt cupcake with gummy worms. I was in such a rush to complete these suckers for my son's class party, that I did not take a picture, but luckily, found  Oh My Sugar High   to illustrate how a super mom would make these.... below is how I made them....

I used cake mix  from the box for the cupcake part.
I used Nutella for the icing as they do not sell frosting in a can here. Sometimes I can find pudding, but not always.  
Then, I picked up several sleeves of Oreo Cookies, twisted them and removed the "white stuff" with my tounge, a knife. Crushed them in a plastic bag,  and used a spoon to sprinkle it on top of the Nutella for the dirt look. 
Next, I cut gummy worms in two and stuck them into the cupcake and draped a few extras on top as well. It was a hit and so easy.

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to use Nutella as a frosting substitute, but it sounds perfect! YUM!

    Hope you had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, I have used Nutella to frost an entire cake, brownies, you name it. The trick is to do it right before you serve. Nutella will loose it's moisture and harden up after a day.

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails