Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You know you've turned into your mother when....

You have a coffee mug of saved bacon grease in the fridge.

We recently had breakfast for dinner and as my husband was walking out the door to dump the bacon grease in the hopper room, I hollered, "Wait, I need that!"

 
The Hopper Room is the garbage room in apartment complexes throughout Hong Kong

I proceeded to pour the grease in a Starbucks mug and here it sits in my fridge.



I had shrimp and grits on my mind, which would be ever so delicious with the onions sauteed down in a little BG. Not to mention, any roux is 1,000 times better when made with BG. 


So here it is:  my reflection, my mother's reflection, even my grandmother's reflection.
I am willing to bet, that at this very moment, 
both of them have a coffee mug stashed in their refrigerators 
just waiting to be used in a fabulous New Orleans dish.



 

4 comments:

  1. I just had to throw out multiple cups of bacon fat. So now I must fry more bacon---poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I keep mine in a Mason jar in the fridge. :) Thanks for stopping by to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep ours in a tin can, I think thats bacon grease

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails