Friday, September 24, 2010

Cilantro...Coriander...Chinese Parsley?

I learned today that whatever you call it- it is all the same thing.  It took me ages trying to locate this herb, finally I asked a fellow shopper who spoke English and was able to translate for me to the clerk. The clerk  brought me straight to the Chinese Parsley which was located far away from all the other herbs, next to cabbage and carrots.   I would have searched for months.

One thing I miss about home is Mexican Food.  Not just the strip mall, cheese on everything joint, (although I would kill for a refillable basket of chips and cheese dip...) I am talking the real good, fresh Mexican Food that all you take for granted back home in the States.  While there are 2 or 3 places here that claim to serve Mexican food, but I am not impressed. I took it upon myself to create a feast for my hubby and I and it turned out so delicious...all thanks to the Chinese Parsley....


Fajitas:
Red Onions
Bell Peppers
Garlic
Fresh Tomatoes quartered
Chicken 
Oil
Chinese Parsley
Tony's or any generic Cajun seasoning, although you know how I feel about that. I don't like to use the powdered flavoring labeled- fajitas or tacos, it smothers the fresh flavors to me and I can do without it.
A few spoons full of fresh salsa

Mix all of this in a pan, a wok will do too.  Heat  the veggies first,later once they are kind of limp, push them to the side of the wok and add the raw chicken.  Cook together,serve in tortilla or a lettuce wrap.This is so simple and fresh.


Black Beans and Rice: 
Black Beans, from a can is fine
Rice
Fresh Salsa
Olive Oil
Open a can of black bean, juice and all, mix with white rice (already cooked), add some olive oil and a few spoonfuls of the fresh salsa.
Chinese Parsley
Again, so simple, but the flavor is powerful.


Guacamole:
Fresh ripe avocados, keep the seeds

White onion 
Red Onion
Chinese Parsley
Diced tomato
Lime Juice
 Use a fork to mash all of this together. Throw the seeds in the dish until ready to serve, this helps along with the lime juice to keep it from going brown.  




Fresh Salsa:
Tomatoes
White Onion
Red Onion
Tony's to taste
Garlic
Bell Pepper
Chinese Parsley: as much as you want
White Wine Vinegar to taste
Chop it all  and throw it all together. Better after a few hours. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails