Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Oven Issues

Space is hard to come by in Hong Kong and most Chinese don't bake. So, an oven is a luxury. We do not have a built in oven, but we do have a very large toaster oven that works very well. But, what do you do when you want pizza at home but your oven is too small to hold a pizza? 

 Baby Pizzas!!
Luckily I found these small little pizza bases at my local grocery store and they fit. Everyone gets their own pizza with whatever toppings they wish, a win-win!

Yes, my fridge is small too....the oven sits on the wine fridge, a must with such a tiny fridge!

I knew that the whole oven thing  may be an issue before arriving to Hong Kong, so I purchased a few items that make cooking in a tiny oven easier. Crate and Barrel carry a line of cooking trays that are just the perfect size for toaster ovens. I also brought over some Le Creuset small casserole dishes.  One thing I did not bring and I wish I had was my seasoned cast iron frying pan...this will be in my carry  on at Christmas for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails