Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rotisserie Thanksgiving Turkey


One of the things I love about the small community of Discovery Bay in Hong Kong is my realtionship with my local butcher. His name is Art and he is so talented-so nice and so friendly. He makes the best rotisserie chickens- we get one every week. We pay a preium for them,  but they are fat and jucicy and make delicious chicken stock once we've picked it to the bone.

As I was shopping Art let me know that he would be taking orders for rotisserie turkeys this Thanksgiving! Canadians had their Thanksgiving a few weeks back and I saw the delicousness of those big butterballs rotating round and round, I knew that that would be my plan for our Hong Kong Thanksgiving.

Last year we went to Phuket, Thiland for Thanksgiving, so I never gave the tradional family meal a second thought. How would I fit one into my {TINY} convection oven anyway? Thank goodnes for Art.

So I have placed my order and I wil pick up my turkey at 5 pm on Thursday. It will come with stuffing and veggetables. All for the Hong Kong price of $40 us dollars. Quite the deal if you ask me! I know it will be delicious. Daddy Roux is already talking about leftovers...

1 comment:

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails