Friday, November 11, 2011

Oreo Turkeys

These have been all over the blog world. But, in Hong Kong, we can't get all the yummy ingredients-so I improvised.

1. Double Stuff Oreos. Not available. Although ice cream
flavor and peanut butter are easily found. I used 2 plain Oreos together to make one big "double stuffed" Oreo.

2. Peanut Butter Cups. Not available. So I cut a Ferrero Rocher in half for the body.

3. Whoopers. Not available. Soni used chocolate buttons for the face.

4. Candy corn. Not available. But, luckily I have awesome friends and family who sent us some for Halloween. Used for the feathers and beak.

5. Chocolate icing for glue and eyes. Not available. So, I made my own with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce. Added red food coloring for the gobble bit of the turkey.

I made these to lay flat as I was transporting them to a friends and since we don't have a car, we will be walking and these turkeys needed to arrive in one piece.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails