Friday, August 20, 2010

New Orleans Native Goes Asian

I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Some believe just living in the city automatically makes you a purveyor of good food, I have to agree.  I have no formal cooking training, I have never taken a single class.  I don't always follow recipes and I do not count calories.  It takes me forever to chop and I take short cuts when possible.
I am living in Hong Kong with my husband and son and cooking makes me feel close to family and friends back home.  Although it is not without  trials and tribulations...like the first time I made a roux...in a wok.

1 comment:

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails