Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Artichokes in Hong Kong




These babies don't hit the super market shelves. That's right, I called on my foodie friends who import goods to hotels and restaurants in Hong Kong once again...


We have been enjoying this tastes of home all week. 



I like to boil my artichokes in about 4 inches of water with a splash of balsamic, bay leaves and a slice of lemon. I trim the leaves and the tops as well as the bottoms to stand them flat. Remove the little leaves from the bottom before and soak in salty water for about 20 mins. before cooking. Bring water and seasoning to a boil, place the chokes inside the pot and cover-reduce to a simmer and cook until leaves come off easily.  My foodie friends like to grill them and dip in mayo. I like to dip my leaves and heart into a butter and balsamic mix with a sprinkle of salt and lemon juice.  





Trimming each leaf takes a little extra time, 


but I think it is worth it and you don't get pricked as you eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails