Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fist homemade King Cake attempt

KING CAKE in Hong Kong?!?

 There is no king cake in Hong Kong. The pineapple bun is the closest thing and people eat pancakes on 'Shrove Tuesday'-HELLO! It's Mardi Gras! This year I was inspired by my uncle and decided I would make my own. My fist attempt was ok. I burned it a bit  on one side (thanks convection oven) and left a little too many air bubbles in the dough-but practice makes perfect.... and practice I did. No onee seemed to mind! And finally got the perfect traditional king cake!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment in 4 easy steps...
1. Write your comment in the box below.
2. Choose NAME/URL as your type of profile.
3. Type in your name, it will appear with your comment.
4. Click POST COMMENT

Related Posts with Thumbnails